- 2 cans of tuna (in water)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced.
- 3 Cloves garlic, finely chopped.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (extra virgin)
- parsley, oregano, sage, and bay leaf (all to taste)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (or a little more to taste)
- 1/2 cup cream
Putting it All Together
- Saute garlic and onions with spices in olive oil. Cook until the garlic and onions are clarified.
- Next, add tuna and wine and saute until it is all a golden brown.
- Add cheese and brown.
- Now, let the mixture “bubble” until the alcohol is cooked out of the mixture.
- Add the cream, turn off the heat, and let the sauce sit for about 5 minutes to let the flavors meld.
There is enough sauce here to cover 1½ to 2 lbs of pasta. Tina said it’s best with fettaccini.
I want to thank the woman who was my two oldest kid’s step mom, Tina, for sharing this recipe. Those two kids love this dish. Hence, even though she and I had a very, very rough beginning, I asked for the recipe after things cooled down.
I had lost the recipe and found it while cleaning out and repacking a box the other day. My son, especially will love seeing this. I think. Anyway, Tina, not sure what happened really, but I’m sorry, and I thank you for everything. Peg